Places of Worship
There are two churches in the District of Taylor that offer regular services and welcome all residents and visitors. Details on services, locations and contact information for The Church of the Good Shepherd and the Peace Community Church are listed below.
Church of the Good Shepherd
The Church of the Good Shepherd was built in 1932, in memory of Mr. & Mrs. Otto Hoffstrom’s four daughters who tragically drowned when their father’s car accidentally plunged into the Peace River. The church is located just north of the Peace River by Taylor Elementary and offers Anglican services. For further information please telephone the Rector or visit the website.
The Church of the Good Shepherd is a historical chapel. Worship is every Sunday at 10 am. A time for coffee and light snacks takes place after the service in the cozy basement.
Peace Community Church
In January of 1994 meetings were held with several local families to pray and discuss plans for establishing a community church.
The inaugural Service of the Taylor Community Church was held on Mother’s Day, May 8th, 1994 upstairs at the Taylor Curling Club. There were sixty people in attendance.
In its 12th year of ministry, the church changed names to reflect the passion to reach the Peace Country. Its new name is Peace Community Church and they invite you to join them as they “Launch Out into the Deep” and “Reach the Peace” for God!
Peace Community Church Sunday Morning Service
Come and join the family for spiritual food, fun and fellowship.
- Morning Worship Service 11 am
- Speaker: Pastor Wally Pohlmann
Children Church will be dismissed after worship time.